Plessy v. Ferguson, Jim Crow Laws, Brown v. Board of Education, Montgomery Bus Boycott, Freedom Rides, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Selma March, and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
This project is a project that I use to teach an overview of the Civil Rights Movement. There are 8 events that students research information on. When they are finished I have them write an overall summary of the Civil Rights Movement. This is a very STUDENT-CENTERED activity. There is a rubric included for easy grading. You can scale the score to fit points for your class. The directions are simple, and provide for a lot of student CREATIVITY!
The eight events that students investigate are:
Plessy v. Ferguson
Jim Crow Laws
Brown v. Board of Education
Montgomery Bus Boycott
Civil Rights Act of 1964
and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
Enjoy this lesson! This activity is great for VISUAL AND VERBAL LEARNERS!
Get the whole INTERACTIVE and ENGAGING Civil Rights Unit HERE, and SAVE big money!
Individual Products from this unit include:
1. Civil Rights 30 DBQ Bellringers Warm Ups Mega-Pack
2. Civil Rights Movement - Journey Through Life Notes - SUPER ENGAGING INTERACTIVE NOTES!
3. Jim Crow Laws Photo Assessment
4. Montgomery Bus Boycott & Rosa Parks Skit and Option Project
5. Civil Rights Leaders and Activists Notes - VERY ENGAGING POWERPOINT with COOPERATIVE LEARNING!
6. Martin Luther King, Jr. "I Have a Dream" Visual Expression Project
7. Loving Movie Worksheet
8. FUN Stations Activity where students analyze 10 Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes!
9. 1965 Alabama Voting Simulation - "Would you be able to vote?" - 1st person POINT OF VIEW learning!
10. Voting Rights Act of 1965 Reading Activity
11. Civil Rights Movement Comic Strip Project
12. 40 HIGHLY VISUAL Civil Rights Task Cards with a Cooperative Learning Option!
13. Civil Rights Movement FUN Review Games! - includes THE WALL Card Game based on the TV Show, Four Corners of Fun, and The Bids!
14. Civil Rights Movement Unit Test with Study Guide - Relevant, Real-World Assessment
15. Civil Rights Movement 5 Highly Visual DBQ Primary Sources
I hope that you enjoy these activities! Please remember to follow Playing With History on Teachers Pay Teachers, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for giveaways and news on new products and updates! Please rate for your TpT credits!