Civil Rights Primary Documents, Civil Rights Movement Primary Documents, Jim Crow Laws, March on Washington, John Lewis, Vietnam War, Selma, Selma to Montgomery March, Lyndon B. Johnson, Voting Rights Act of 1965.
This is a PRIMARY SOURCE bundle for the Civil Rights Movement! There are 5 primary sources that students investigate having to do with the Civil Rights Movement. This is a GREAT supplement to any unit on the Civil Rights Movement. Students get to interact with real documents, political cartoons, photographs, and speeches given from key figures in the Civil Rights Movement!
The primary sources are meant to be supplemental to what you are already doing. Most are excerpts of the speeches, not the full speeches. These work GREAT for Middle School students, and lead to great discussions! These primary sources could be used as warmups, bellringers, quizzes, supplemental activities, homework, exit tickets, enrichment and extension activities, and much more!
Primary Sources Included in this bundle include:
- Jim Crow Laws Photographs
- March on Washington Speech by Josephine Baker
- We Must Free Ourselves by John Lewis
- A Letter From the Front by LA Times
- The American Promise by Lyndon B. Johnson
This product is part of the US HISTORY DBQ 75 primary source bundle! SAVE money buy getting the bundle discount! Only $19.99!
Get the whole INTERACTIVE and ENGAGING Civil Rights Unit HERE, and SAVE big money!
This is a part of the Civil Rights Movement Unit. Individual Products from this unit include:
1. Civil Rights 30 DBQ Bellringers Warm Ups Mega-Pack
2. Civil Rights Movement - Journey Through Life Notes - SUPER ENGAGING INTERACTIVE NOTES!
3. Jim Crow Laws Photo Assessment
4. Montgomery Bus Boycott & Rosa Parks Skit and Option Project
5. Civil Rights Leaders and Activists Notes - VERY ENGAGING POWERPOINT with COOPERATIVE LEARNING!
6. Martin Luther King, Jr. "I Have a Dream" Visual Expression Project
7. Loving Movie Worksheet
8. FUN Stations Activity where students analyze 10 Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes!
9. 1965 Alabama Voting Simulation - "Would you be able to vote?" - 1st person POINT OF VIEW learning!
10. Voting Rights Act of 1965 Reading Activity
11. Civil Rights Movement Comic Strip Project
12. 40 HIGHLY VISUAL Civil Rights Task Cards with a Cooperative Learning Option!
13. Civil Rights Movement FUN Review Games! - includes THE WALL Card Game based on the TV Show, Four Corners of Fun, and The Bids!
14. Civil Rights Movement Unit Test with Study Guide - Relevant, Real-World Assessment
15. Civil Rights Movement 5 Highly Visual DBQ Primary Sources
I hope that you enjoy this product! Please use Q & A if you have any other questions, and look for many other awesome products, games, and simulations on Playing With History!