Also included in
- U.S. History Part 2 Bundle comes with EVERY lesson and activity needed to teach U.S. History II for an ENTIRE YEAR at a discounted price! U.S. History Part 2 Bundle begins with Reconstruction and ends with the modern era. Not only will you save tons of time, but your students will love completing alPrice $85.00Original Price $158.60Save $73.60
Are you looking for a fun way to review the history of the Civil Rights Movement? Look no further! This Civil Rights Movement Escape Room has everything you need! This escape room activity is easy to set up and students will have lots of fun reviewing what they have learned!
In Civil Rights Movement Escape Room students are in the process of time traveling back in time to study the Civil Rights Movement when their time machine malfunctions! The only way to repair the time machine and return to the present is for students to successfully complete six challenges.
To take a closer look at the escape room activities included, check out the preview!
What will students learn with this classroom escape room?
These escape room activities can be used to help students review important people, events, and terms associated with the Civil Rights Movement. Topics Included:
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Rosa Parks
- The Montgomery Bus Boycott
- The NAACP
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Voting Rights Act of 1965
What escape room activities are included?
When completing the activities, students will use critical thinking and inference skills. Challenges include activities such as:
- Identifying examples of segregation in images
- Decoding famous Civil Rights quotes and policies to learn more about specific events
- Decoding information about the NAACP to learn more about the organization
- Reading passages to learn more about specific events
- Matching specific people and policies to a description of those things
Are students able to complete any escape room activities digitally?
An option is provided for students to submit their final code through Google Forms. When using this option, students can self-check their work. If you do not have access to technology in your classroom, an option is also provided for students to check their work on paper.
What standards are covered?
This Civil Rights Movement Escape Room is specifically aligned with Virginia SOL USII.9a but also covers most U.S. History standards related to the Civil Rights Movement.
What Are Other Buyers Saying?
“What a wonderful resource. Hope anyone reading the feedback buys this. My kids LOVED it!!” (Leisha C.)
“My students really enjoyed this activity.”
Don’t Miss Out!
Students will love completing the activities in this Civil Rights Movement Escape Room! Teacher instructions are provided, making it easy to set up and implement in your classroom.
Want to Save Money?
This escape room is included in the following bundles for a discounted price!
Other Related Resources that May Interest You:
If you would like more information about using classroom escape rooms, check out my blog post "Create the Perfect Classroom Escape Room."
©Meghan Vestal, Vestal’s 21st Century Classroom. All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for teachers, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Teachers may NOT upload the product to school/district servers, or to any website, or share digital or print copies. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).