Civil Rights Unit Plan, Civil Rights Unit, Civil Rights Movement Unit, Plessy v. Ferguson, Jim Crow Laws, Jackie Robinson, Harry Truman Desegregates the Armed Forces, Adam Clayton Powell, Brown v. Board of Education (1954), Thurgood Marshall, Emmett Till, Montgomery Bus Boycott, Rosa Parks, Medgar Evers, George Wallace, Little Rock Nine, Woolworth Lunch Counter Sit-ins, the 16th Street Baptist Church Bombing, CORE, Congress of Racial Equality, Martin Luther King Jr., March on Washington, Lyndon B. Johnson, I Have a Dream Speech, Letter From Birmingham Jail, Freedom Rides, Freedom Summer, Selma to Montgomery March, Selma's Bloody Sunday, The Great Society, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Voting Rights Act of 1965, Black Panthers, Malcolm X, the Assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., Black History Month, Whitney Young, John F. Kennedy, John Lewis, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks, Medgar Evers, James Meredith, James Farmer, Stokely Carmichael, Roy Wilkins.
This is a FULL UNIT for the Civil Rights Movement! There are MANY awesome resources in this unit that allow for RELEVANT history instruction. There are 15 resources with 432 pages of INTERACTIVE and ENGAGING lessons mixed with lots of RIGOR! This unit includes many different types of activities, and is a great way to teach about Civil Rights!
Included in this unit are:
1. Civil Rights 15 DBQ Bellringers Warm Ups Part One
2. Civil Rights 15 DBQ Bellringers Warm Ups Part Two
3. Civil Rights Movement - Journey Through Life Notes - SUPER ENGAGING INTERACTIVE NOTES!
4. Jim Crow Laws Photo Assessment
5. Montgomery Bus Boycott & Rosa Parks Skit and Option Project
6. Civil Rights Leaders and Activists Notes - VERY ENGAGING POWERPOINT with COOPERATIVE LEARNING!
7. Martin Luther King, Jr. "I Have a Dream" Visual Expression Project
8. Loving Movie Worksheet
9. FUN Stations Activity where students analyze 10 Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes!
10. 1965 Alabama Voting Simulation - "Would you be able to vote?" - 1st person POINT OF VIEW learning!
11. Voting Rights Act of 1965 Reading Activity
12. Civil Rights Movement Comic Strip Project
13. 40 HIGHLY VISUAL Civil Rights Task Cards with a Cooperative Learning Option!
14. Civil Rights Movement FUN Review Games! - includes THE WALL Card Game based on the TV Show, Four Corners of Fun, and The Bids!
15. Civil Rights Movement Unit Test with Study Guide - Relevant, Real-World Assessment
(BONUS!) Civil Rights Movement 5 Highly Visual DBQ Primary Sources
I hope that you enjoy these activities! Please remember to follow Playing With History on Teachers Pay Teachers, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram for giveaways and news on new products and updates! Please rate for your TpT credits!