This Civil Rights Movement Group Research Project is aligned with the common core standards for ELA and requires students to work collaboratively to create a research project. It is the perfect way to introduce the topic in a history class, or to familiarize students with the the Civil War before reading related literature.
The final project includes a five paragraph research paper written and cited in MLA format and a PowerPoint presentation that is presented to class.
This download includes:
- The research project assignment (PDF)
- Research topics and websites for students to visit (PDF)
- Group member evaluation forms (PDF)
- Teacher rubric with customizable point values (PDF)
- Editable example PowerPoint Template (PPT)
The Civil Rights Movement -The Civil Rights Movement Research Topics - Common Core Standards for The Civil Rights Movement - Group Research Project - The Civil Rights Movement Research Assignment - The Civil Rights Movement Term Paper - Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, Montgomery Bus Boycotts, The Civil Rights Act