Civil Rights Movement: Illustrated Timeline
engages students visually in the Civil Rights Movement. Students are given an event or individual related to the Civil Rights Movement to research and create an illustrated timeline card for.
Illustrated timeline cards are versatile. Students can work on cards in class, as an extension, or at an activity center. Provide these along with other Civil Rights Movement activities
to engage students’ different interests and learning styles.
This detailed guide includes:
Complete teacher’s guide for a 90 minute lesson
Student handouts including directions and blank timeline cards + directions for engaging timeline game with their own cards as the pieces.
35+ topics for inclusion in the timeline
A complete list of materials
Civil Right Resources Include:
- Civil Rights Movement: Illustrated Timeline
- Question of the Day: Civil Rights Movement
- Who am I? Bring Civil Rights Movement Figures Alive in this Common Core Aligned Research Project
- Civil Rights Movement: Real-world Civil Rights Action
- Civil Rights Movement: Quick and Easy Newspaper
- Black History Month - African-American Figures Research project
- Civil Rights Interactive Notebook Pages (just added; not yet available elsewhere in the store.)
Also available as part of the money saving growing 20th century US history teacher resource bundle
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies) and Math Mondays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Math)
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.