This bundle of inquiry-based Civil Rights Movement related activities and projects
is filled with interactive notebook organizers, a gallery walk, inquiry activities, and projects. Students collaborate to create an illustrated timeline of the Civil Rights Movement; build a newspaper, role play and research civil rights figures, and launch their own social justice campaign. Meet Rosa Parks, Maya Angelou, Thurgood Marshall and more through your students' discovery of them.
Included in this bundle:
- Civil Rights Movement: Illustrated Timeline
- Question of the Day: Civil Rights Movement
- Who am I? Bring Civil Rights Movement Figures Alive in this Common Core Aligned Research Project
- Civil Rights Movement: Real-world Civil Rights Action
- Civil Rights Movement: Quick and Easy Newspaper
- Civil Rights Gallery Walk Activity of Primary Sources and Images
- Black History Month - African-American Figures Research project
- Civil Rights Interactive Notebook Pages
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog.
Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies) and Math Mondays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Math)
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.