Civil Rights Movement Unit Bundled
includes Civil Rights Movement PowerPoints
, primary source doc worksheets, an activity, warm-ups, exit tickets, crossword puzzle review, a Kahoot!
review game, and editable assessment, all bound together by daily lesson plans. The Civil Rights PowerPoints
with presenter notes are packed with primary source documents, stunning visuals, and 9 embedded video clip links. This bundle has everything you need to teach all about the Civil Rights Era. Detailed lesson plans make no prep necessary, just copy/paste into your lesson plans. Everything is usable. Everything is planned. I have used this for both AP U.S. History and regular classes. Each lesson begins with a warm-up, PowerPoint lecture, a primary source activity and an exit ticket.
Brown v. Board Education 1954
Plessy v. Ferguson
Chief Justice Earl Warren
Governor Orval Faubus
Little Rock 1957
Cooper vs Aaron
Montgomery Bus Boycotts 1955
Martin Luther King Jr.
Freedom Rides, Albany Movement 1961
Birmingham, AL 1963
Letter from a Birmingham Jail
March on Washington 1963
Civil Rights Act 1964
Freedom Summer 1964
Selma March 1965
Voting Rights Act 1965
Northern Desegregation - De facto Segregation
Black Panther Party
The Movement’s Legacy
This Bundle Includes:
• Daily Lesson Plans - Copy/Paste into yours!
• Warmup or Bell Question PowerPoints
• Civil Rights PowerPoints with Video Links & Presenter Notes
• Dr. Martin Luther King's, "I Have a Dream" Speech with Discussion Questions
• Civil Rights Heroes Chalkboard Activity
• Non-Violent Resistance and SNCC Training Manual Worksheet
• Freedom Summer Primary Source Activity
• Civil Rights Movement: Successes & Failures Data Analysis
• Martin Luther King Video Link & Video Questions
• Literacy Test with Discussion Questions
• Civil Rights Movement Crossword Puzzle Review
Review Game - students use their phones!
• Editable Assessment/Test
are just around the corner. Review with Civil Rights Jeopardy Review Game
More on the way!
"Follow me" to be the first to learn about more great stuff! Find me on Pinterest at Teaching History
or U.S. History Store
. And follow Teaching History on Facebook
Civil Rights Movement Unit
Civil Rights Era
Civil Rights Unit
Civil Rights Lesson Plans
Black History Lesson Plans