United States Civil War – Dictionary Sort
I’ve taken 40 words that students may see in the course of their study of the U.S. Civil War and used them for a dictionary guide word activity.
The two guide words are listed above nine content words per set (4 sets included). The words must be sorted alphabetically to determine if they can be found before, after, or on the page.
Included in this set:
1. 4 different card sets of guide words for a Civil War Unit
2. Game board (but a place value mat would work too)
3. Optional recording sheet – this gives the correct number of lines where the words should go, so it differentiates for students who might struggle otherwise.
4. Answer key (this works great in a ‘secret envelope’ in literacy centers)
Thanks for checking out these Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley
Your students may enjoy these complementing items from my Harriet Tubman and Civil War Units:
1. Harriet Tubman Vocabulary PowerPoint
2. Harriet Tubman Vocabulary Matching Quizzes
3. Harriet Tubman Word Wall Variations
4. Harriet Tubman Reading Test
5. Harriet Tubman Read Roll Graph
1. Civil War 4 Types of Sentences
2. Civil War Dictionary Game
3. Civil War Unit Folder
4. Civil War Main Idea Task Card and Scoot Game