This short answer and essay test is intended for 8th Grade History or Social Studies, but could be easily adapted for high school, or lower grades, with modification. I expect students to set high standards in this unit, so the questions require some facts, some reflection, analysis, and consideration of the events that led to the most deadly war in American History.
This test covers topics including the strengths of the Union and Confederate forces at the onset of the war, decisions of President Abraham Lincoln, the Emancipation proclamation, the Battle of Shiloh, Antietam, and 13 other questions. This is an excellent assessment that could also be a valuable homework, worksheet, or assignment or research project.
Try my TOP 7 Middle School Resources in my HaugerHistory Store:
7. 10 Week Computer Science Technology Course for Middle School Jr. High
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Champion
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged