U.S. Civil War Nonfiction Fluency NORTH vs. SOUTH
Please see the preview for highlights from the Bundle.
The Northern and Southern parts of the United States were very different before the Civil War, this passage builds foundation for understanding some of the complex causes of the Civil War.
Have you ever noticed that the lowest readers, who need fluency practice the most, are the most resistant to plowing through a page of boring fluency text? These passages have solved that problem for my students.
These passages address several key fluency issues –
• breaking the text into manageable pieces for lower readers
• adding a simple picture to make it more accessible
• using content vocabulary with a definition in the text
• integrating high interest science and social studies topics
• comprehension questions ranging from ‘right there’ to higher order questions
• parent/adult support
• 120-180 words per passage
Each fluency topic includes
• Full color version for phrasing
• Print friendly
• Comprehension page
- Answer page
U.S. Civil War Topics in the bundle
• U.S. Civil War (124 words)
• North vs. South (127 words) This Title for $1.50
• Harriet Tubman (130 words)
• Cotton Gin (137 words)
• Civil War Photography(138 words)
• Steam Locomotive (142 words)
• Morse Code (145 words)
• Abolitionists (Challenge - 187 words)
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
U.S. Civil War Nonfiction Fluency BUNDLE which includes:
June 17, 2019 I added an answer key and made the title appear correctly in pdf.
The Civil War Language Arts Bundle includes graphics from these creative talents:
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.