These six great video worksheets cover key ships, naval battles, and changing naval technology of the Civil War. My students enjoy and are engaged by these simple to use 3 to 6 minute video worksheets. Most importantly, they helped increase student knowledge and understanding of the Civil War.
Each video worksheet works great as a “Do Now Activity” or as a complement to any lecture or lesson plan on the Civil War. Each worksheet guides students through naval combat during the Civil War. The videos are great for visual learners and helps break up class time so students are more focused throughout the entire period.
This activity is very easy to use. All you have to do is hand out the worksheets to the students and play the videos.
Students watch the videos and answer the questions on the worksheets. Each worksheet includes 7-9 questions and has an answer sheet for the teacher. I recommend pausing the video at times to allow students to reflect and answer questions. The worksheets can be used to generate classroom discussion or be used as homework. You can use the worksheets individually or all at once during a class period. I recommend breaking the video worksheets up over the course of your Civil War unit. Feel free to modify this assignment as needed for your classes.
I would like to thank Dandy Doodles
for the wonderful clip art.
The following Civil War video worksheets are included in this collection:
1. Civil War Naval Technology in 4 Minutes Video Worksheet
2. Civil War: USS Monitor vs CSS Virginia in 6 Minutes Video Worksheet
3. Civil War: CSS Alabama and Confederate Raiders in 3 Minutes Video Worksheet
4. Civil War: CSS Hunley Confederate Submarine in 6 Minutes Video Worksheet
5. Civil War: CSS David vs USS New Ironsides in 3 Minutes Video Worksheet
6. Civil War: CSS Neuse Confederate Ironclad in 4 Minutes Video Worksheet