Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
Civil War photographs are so compelling that, with a bit of structure and guidance, even the most disinterested students can be roused to curiosity and enjoy the feeling that comes with playing the role of a historical detective.
This simple, powerful project allows each student to select something that interests them, research it and then present their findings in a large photo gallery to their classmates, the school, other teachers or parents, or the community as a whole.
Great for practicing visual thinking strategies required in common core standards.
Grading is simple and you get a lot of “bang for the buck” with this assignment. There is a lot of structure but so much room for creativity and student ownership of their work!
Everything is in Microsoft Word
With this purchase you get:
• A set of teacher instructions and tips
• 100 Civil War era photographs with a key word or hint for students to use as they begin researching their selected photograph
• A time saving description of each picture to aid teachers in prompting students with their research and for grading purposes. Interesting factoids are included with many of these.
• Two completed photo gallery examples: one of a photo from an Imagine Dragons concert and another from 9/11
• A page of student instructions
• A grading rubric
• Eighteen questions that students can answer while they research their photographs. These help when they write their own commentary about their selected photograph