Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
If you are looking to cover the US Civil War Reconstruction of 12 Years a Slave Era, you will love this reading and writing activity bundle. You will have access to my Google Drive Link, and all the videos will be included for PPTs/Keynotes.
Here is what is included in this 50+ page download:
- Chapter Preview Sheets
- Road to Civil War Notes
- Civil War Notes
- Reconstruction Notes
- Videos for both Civil War and Reconstruction
- Discussion Questions
- Crash Course ( 3 episodes)
- Story of US (2 episodes)
- Special Bonus
- 12 Years a Slave Video Guide
- Pixton Comic Creation
- Chapter tests
- Chapter Quizzes
- US History Paragraph Prompts
"Students loved this"
- 2 different versions of PPT/Keynotes
- Google Drive lifetime FREE updates and any new products
- All the videos will be included for PPT's/ Keynotes
- Email support for any questions you may have
- 24+ years of experience in the classroom and I still teach currently
If you are looking for a full semester of US HISTORY try my FIRST SEMESTER OF US HISTORY
- 1. CHAPTER PREVIEW - I do these with every chapter to allow the students to at least see what we are going to be studying before the unit begins. I have included 2 different versions of the Chapter Preview sheet. The chapter preview sheets take about 20 minutes to do in class. It is a good this to do on a day that a test is being gone over or while doing a Pre-test for the Cold War.
- 2. ROAD TO CIVIL WAR NOTES - These Cornell notes highlight the things that lead to the Civil War. It is also a great lead-in to show the Story of US Division.
- 3. CIVIL WAR NOTES - These Cornell notes highlight the things that took place during the Civil War. The notes do not focus on the battles but focus on the differences between the North and South. It is also a great lead-in to show the Story of US Civil War.
- 4. RECONSTRUCTION - These Cornell notes highlight the things that took place to rebuild the south and the union.
- 5. VIDEOS - I have included 4 videos to use with the units as well. The best one was too big so I am going to link to it via youtube. This video was made by one of my students to recap the war in 4 minutes or less.
- 6. DISCUSSION DAY - This is a great way to do an in-class discussion on the concepts that have been taught over the last week. Give the students 20 minutes to write their own answers and then have them discuss for 20 minutes. (1 Day)
- 7. STORY OF US - I am including 2 different versions of the Story of US guide. The first one focuses on Division and the Second focuses on the Civil War. I also added a very detailed guide for Division and will be adding the Civil War guide as well. If it is not there send me an email.
- 8. TEST AND QUIZZES - This is the test I use with this unit. Unfortunately, it is based on the book we use, American Anthem, and should be handed out a couple days prior to the test. (1 Day)
- 9. CRASH COURSE EP. 20 / 21/ 22 -
Here is what is included in this 6 page download:
1. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
2. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
3. Teacher Notes from the: My 1 page of notes.
4. Vocabulary Section: I have chosen 3 words that would be good to have the students look up. I also have them write each of the words in a sentence.
5. Quiz for students / with answers: There is a 7 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
6. Blank Template for student created quiz: I decided to add this to every Crash Course guide as it works really well with students.
**Also, I highly recommend having the students watch this on .5 speed. If you click the wheel on the bottom of the youtube video you can adjust the speed.
- 10. 12 YEARS A SLAVE- This has everything you need to wrap up an already amazing unit. I guarantee this will knock your student's socks off if you follow it exactly as I have planned it. It is a great 4 day week. I show this prior to the test and it does not disappoint.
- 11. PIXTON COMIC LESSON - Allows students to take something very difficult and simplify it into something like a comic strip.
- 12. BONUS - I am also giving you some Stanford lessons on the Civil War. They are great common core lessons that really do help teach the material. I am not selling these, just passing them along as they are already free.
13. PARAGRAPH PROMPTS – These some good ideas to have your students write about during the course of the year. They are apart of my free download that is in my store.
Make sure to check out my blog: Social Studies MegaStore Blog