This awesome lesson has your students analyzing 4 primary sources related to the Confederacy's secession prior to the Civil War.
This activity can be completed in cooperative learning groups or individually and with the printed copies or digitally with the included Google Docs
The lesson plan includes:
• A 2-page worksheet students use to analyze the primary sources
• An excerpt from a speech by the Confederate Vice President
• Mississippi's Declaration of Secession
• 2 primary source political cartoons
• Extension activity for class debate on secession
• A link to the digital Google Docs version
• A directions page and answer key
This is an awesome lesson to help your students better understand the real reasons the South seceded from the Union by analyzing actual primary source documents from the era.
The resource can also be downloaded as part of the Civil War and Reconstruction Complete Unit Bundle
. This includes over 50 resources for teaching the Civil War!
Thanks for visiting!
Please take a minute to visit and "Like" my page on Facebook
for frequent updates, free giveaways, links and more!