Review the Civil War in a fun and engaging way. I created this activity sheet as a review tool for students as they prepare for SOLs although I think that it may be especially useful as a way of keeping students engaged in learning as the school year comes to an end.
This first page contains Civil War content and includes:
1. A word search of high-frequency vocabulary terms (standard, blockade, rampart, flank, etc.) that may often be marginalized by major Civil War names and places.
2. An activity that requires students to put five key events in chronological order
3. An activity that asks for examples of "Theaters", "Campaigns", and "Border States".
4. An activity that asks students to categorize terms from the word search as people, places, or things. (Example: conscript, casualty, Monitor, abolitionist. etc.)
This activity sheet is ideal for use as:
3. Brain breaks
4. Bell ringers / warm-ups
5. Handout for Substitute teacher plans