With this organized and neat worksheet students of ALL reading abilities can do primary source analysis. Vocabulary is defined to help the student understand the reading passages.
Example critical thinking questions:
1. I believe Lincoln’s purpose in giving this speech was …
2. What leadership qualities does Lincoln show in his Gettysburg Address? Pick two (2) and explain how he demonstrates them. (Communication, Commitment, Confidence, Inspiration, Determination)
1. Lincoln’s First Inaugural Address: March 4, 1861
2. Jefferson Davis’ Inaugural Address: February 4, 1861
3. Lincoln’s Second Inaugural Address: March 4, 1865
4. The Gettysburg Address: July 3 1863