This is a comprehensive, complete Civil War Activity Unit loaded with new, Common Core activities that are guided by key concepts for Social Science. Bought separately this packet would cost over $90! This Civil War packet has vigor and fun with tons of Common Core options.
Teachers can pick and choose from a lesson plan bundle packed full of notes formats, Common Core readings and worksheets, projects and activities that fit your needs and teaching style the best. The unit bundle includes:
I. CIVIL WAR NOTES, POWERPOINTS, VOCABULARY AND GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS-
The content in the Civil War bundle is not just a random selection of activities with unclear expectations. Instructional content was designed with the framework of the key concepts of U.S. history, including geographic expansion and political, social and economic development.
1. Printable Events Leading to the Civil War worksheet or graphic organizer
2. Events Leading to the Civil War Power point with key vocabulary
3. Sectionalism PowerPoint and worksheet or graphic organizer
4. Key Battles of the Civil War Worksheet or PowerPoint graphic organizer with key
5. Printable Civil War notes and graphic organizer
6. A complete academic and content vocabulary set with 5 assignments, 3 review games and 2 quizzes
II. CIVIL WAR ENGAGING ACTIVITIES, PRIMARY SOURCE READINGS AND COMMON CORE WORKSHEETS-
1. Uncle Tom's Cabin Reading and Common Core Writing Activity
2. Civil War Letters: Primary Source Analysis and Writing Activity
3. Civil War Board Game Project with rubric
4. Printable Instagram from a soldier activity
5. Printable Text Message Abraham Lincoln Activity with Phone Template
6. ABC's of the Civil War project with rubric
7. Printable Political Cartoon template and examples
8. Civil War Newspaper project with pre-write worksheet and Templates for students
9. Common Core Gettysburg Address Analysis Worksheet
10. Interactive Game Board Jeopardy with Common Core Vocabulary
11. Printable Northern Factory Owner and Southern Plantation Owner Pinterest Activity
12. Working with Civil War quotes bundle with 5 activity options
13. Instructomania Political Cartoon Instructional Video on YouTube
14. A Civil War "Selfie" Common Core Activity
15. Working with Visual Primary Sources mini bundle with four readings and visuals, includes two activity options.
16. Working with Primary Sources: 2 readings (South Carolina Secedes and John Wiles Booth Reward Poster) and 2 activities choices.
17. Battles of the Civil War Lesson Set!
Stations, Interactive Google Map or Game!
III. ASSESSMENTS AND FUN CLASS REVIEW GAMES!
1. Two Part Civil War DBQ (Document Based Questions) Assessment
with 6 Primary Source Documents and Common Core Writing. This assessment is versatile with tons of teacher options for a differentiated classroom.
2. A Fantastic Key Concept Match Activity, with graphic organizers, a matching assignment and writing guides with 3 options.
3. Civil War Matching Quiz with Answer Key
4. Jeopardy Game Review
5. A completely modifiable 8 page Common Core test and two quizzes. Students read excerpts, analyze primary sources and select evidence to support claims!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK!
Battle of Bull Run, Vicksburg, Instructomania, Pavlovich, World History grade 7, 7th grade history, 8th grade history, printables, middle school history