Bring your Civil War Unit to life! This is a cross-curricular unit, including math, writing, and art. It is modified for students with special needs.
This exciting bundle includes the following:
* Role Play (Students choose a soldier/nurse name from list)
* Resources Picture Sort (North and South resources)
* Notes Graphic Organizer (strengths, weaknesses, resources, leaders, etc.) + Answer Key
* Modified Notes Graphic Organizer (cloze) + Answer Key
* Battles Graphic Organizer (students take notes on 5 major battles: Chancellorsville, Shiloh, Fredericksburg, Antietam, Bull Run) + Answer Key
* Modified Battles Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
* Scrapbook Project + Rubric that includes:
* Art: Primary Source Civil War photographs (students caption)
* Writing: Soldier Letter to Opposing General (role play)
* Writing: Soldier letter home (hardships of war)
* Writing: Slave journal on slavery and emancipation
* Math: Timeline + Answer Key (research and sequencing)
Students will love imagining themselves as part of our nation's history - they will become a soldier by choosing a soldier name, inferring their beliefs and concerns, and writing from the soldier's perspective. The final project, a scrapbook, allows students to compile their activities/worksheets and demonstrate all they have learned throughout your Civil War unit. They will use math (sequencing), creating writing (role play as a soldier), and art (critique/analysis of primary photographs) to enhance this cross-curricular unit.
Prior to this unit, you may consider my unit on Failed Compromises - the Missouri Compromise, Compromise of 1850, and Kansas Nebraska Act. ,a href="http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Failed-Compromises-Unit-Missouri-Compromise-Compromise-1850-Kansas-Nebraska-1583181">Click here!
Please download and enjoy!
© 2012 Kristen Dembroski. All rights reserved. Purchase of this unit entitles the purchaser only the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for classroom use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden.
Copying any part of this product and placing it on the internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). These items can be located in a Google search and then shared worldwide for free.