Civil War: Women Soldiers!(A Reader's Theater Script)
Also included in
- Includes:World War 2 Female Pilots(Members of WASP)Revolutionary War Female Spies!Civil War Female SoldiersS.B. AnthonyElizabeth BlackwellEleanor Roosevelt(“First Lady of the World”)Amelia EarhartBessie ColemanSacagaweaKatherine JohnsonCheck out this bundle of TEN Reading Passages on famous women:htPrice $40.50Original Price $42.65Save $2.15
- This Bundle includes the following resources:Reader’s Theater Script on Abraham LincolnReader’s Theater Script on Mathew BradyReader’s Theater Script on Women Soldiers in the Civil WarReader’s Theater Script on Harriet TubmanReader’s Theater Script on Frederick DouglassReading Passage Activity on SoPrice $28.00Original Price $30.05Save $2.05
This resource has been revised for the TpT guidelines on slavery, civil rights and warfare.
It is estimated that approximately 400-700 WOMEN fought as soldiers during all the major battles of the Civil War.(1861-1865) Since females were not allowed to fight in battles at that time, those women that did become soldiers disguised themselves as men! This Ms. Bie Ografee Talk Show Reader’s Theater Script has three historians share information on this topic. Actual females who fought in the Civil War included Sarah Rosetta Wakeman, Sarah Emma Edmonds, Amy Clarke and Mary Galloway. they are mentioned in the play.The format is a talk show host with a studio audience who get to ask questions of the “guests”. There is also a Did You Know? section of facts on the Civil War, Comprehension Questions and a teacher page with extension activities, additional links of interest and the key to the comprehension questions.
Similar Resources of Interest:
- Civil War: A Webquest: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Civil-War-A-Webquest-6210290
- Part of my Ms. Bie Ografee series, Ms. Bie Ografee welcomes Mathew Brady to her talk show. Students will have fun acting out the parts of this informative play on the “Father of Photojournalism” and learning about his photography, especially recording the events of the Civil War.Mathew Brady
- Part of my Ms. Bie Ografee’s Talk Show Series.Abraham Lincoln, A Reader’s Theater Script.
- Reader’s Theater Script on Mary Todd Lincoln.
Mrs. Bie Ografee Talk Show Reading Theater Scripts:
Leonardo da Vinci
Visit with a Crusader
Visit with a Victim of the Black Death
Martin Luther King Jr.
George Washington Carver
Sir Isaac Newton
Moon Landing: Interview with first astronauts to walk on the moon
Visit with a Pilgrim
Revolutionary War Female Spies
Revolutionary War Tory
James Madison, Father of the Constitution
Pioneer Woman, Narcissa Whitman
Civil War Women Soldiers
Lewis and Clark
California Gold Rush: Visit with a ‘49er
A Road trip Across the USA for Women’s Suffrage
WW 2: Women Pilots
Susan B. Anthony
Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Louisa May Alcott
Edgar Allen Poe
Visit with a Leprechaun
Visit with a Groundhog
To Tell the Truth Plays:
Hans Christian Andersen
First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt
First Lady Edith Wilson
First Lady Florence Harding
First Lady Hillary Clinton
First Lady Michelle Obama
First Lady Abigail Adams
First Lady Martha Washington
First Lady Mary Todd Lincoln
First Lady Dolly Madison
First Lady Lady Bird Johnson
My website for teachers/kids has lots of geography activities, short reads, factoids on different topics, news, career surveys, bell ringers and more.