Introduce the Civil War
while categorizing the main Social Studies
topics into a helpful graphic organizer!
Use this organizer to help your students categorize the information in the provided reading on the American Civil War and Reconstruction Era
, including the causes
of the Civil War
between the North and South
, and conditions
for African Americans
after the war.
Students are asked to document the Social, Political, Religious, Intellectual, Technological, and Economic
components of the event. They are also directed to explain the Big Picture and the Significance in History.
Includes 4 pages:
Student Reading on the American Civil War & Reconstruction Era
SPRITE Student Organizer
SPRITE Informational Handout
Great for skills practice, the reviewing of core content, AP Prep, or the introduction of the topic at the beginning of a unit. A number of other implementation ideas are provided in the teacher notes!
Click here to see Other SPRITE Graphic Organizer Products available in my store!
• Civil War American Document Analysis Activity
• Civil War Primary Source Analysis Activity BUNDLED Set CCSS
• Reconstruction Cue Cards Activity w/Wrap Up & Alternatives - Civil War
• Reconstruction Plans Ppt Response Group Evaluation Activity Civil War
• U.S. History People Task Cards Civil War to Modern Times
• United States Complete Primary Source Analysis Bundled Set Civil War- Modern Day
And see my Social Studies products in my TpT Store. Everything from Scavenger Hunts to Interactive Lectures to Walking Tours and Archeology Digs will help your students learn your Geography, World History or US History content while also being engaged in the learning process.
More SPRITE Organizers coming soon, as will bundles and full course sets!