How do we get the students to seek out information about past civilizations (instead of spoon feeding them)? I fought with this question so I made this sheet to guide my students through the process of seeking out the important information about world history civilizations.
- Includes worksheet with 28 important questions about any civilization you study.
- This is a generic, print-ready research assignment.
- It will take the students about 2 to 3 hours to finish the sheet (classwork or homework).
- I have used this on Mesopotamia, Egypt, the Indus Valley, Shang Dynasty, Zhou Dynasty, Bantu, Olmec, Chavin, Persian, Mayan, Aztec, Incan, and others.
- After they finish the assignment, we then go over the information in class. They enjoy going over the answers in class because they have worked hard to find the information and they are proud of themselves.
- This has worked great with my students. My students say it is a lot of work (some whine a little) but admit that they learn a lot while completing it. I think you will be very please with the simplicity but also the effectiveness of the assignment.
- I plan to Upload Answer Sheets for different civilizations in the near future.
- Thanks for purchasing my material and Happy Teaching!!!