Also included in
- Claim Evidence Reasoning is so important for students to learn! In this CER bundle you get my Claim Evidence Reasoning Task Cards and my Claim Evidence Reasoning Practice Pages together at a 20% discount. These sets work together easily and cover a variety of science topics. This bundle includes:Cla$8.00$10.00Save $2.00
- The Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. This is a growing bundle and I will add new resources to it as they are created. Save 20% by purchasing$298.84$373.55Save $74.71
Claim Evidence Reasoning Practice Pages and Slide Show Students will learn to write a CER, Claim-Evidence-Reasoning responses and make scientific arguments based on evidence. Students will look at text evidence and evidence from images, diagrams and graphs. Students will write a claim in response to a question, identify evidence and provide reasoning. Specific pages are provided with less text and easier topics for differentiation and other specific pages are provided with more complex topics for challenging students who need to be challenged.
- Slideshow explaining how to write a CER
- 21 practice pages
- Middle school science topics
- CER Writing Page
- Two forms of Practice Pages-one with room for a paragraph, the other with a paragraph on separate paper
- Differentiated pages
- Answer keys
Use these throughout the year as you teach the particular concept or use it to teach students to write a CER and have them practice making Claim-Evidence-Reasoning statements. Makes a great morning review. Middle school science topics are used.
My resources, including the slide show, are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science Read more about Claim Evidence and Reasoning on my blog.
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource that I post is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours! If you follow me you will get an alert that I have a new resource and will have an opportunity to purchase at a discount.
Making a scientific argument from evidence is a science and engineering practice that is important for all students to master.
Also available in my CER bundle. Save 20% by purchasing the bundle.
You may like this companion piece: .
See my other resources for Middle School Science: