This is a set of 36 card sort cards covers 12 Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning vocabulary words. Students will match vocabulary, definition, and sentence.
I recommend making enough sets for groups of 2-4. Laminate for repeated use.
36 Colored Cards (2 color choices)
36 Black and White Cards
1 Student Answer Sheet
When to Use
Use Card Sort at any point in the lesson to structure meaningful conversation:
- Before beginning a new assignment to test prior knowledge
- After introducing new vocabulary
- After learning about categories and classification
- When a unit is completed to review concepts and terms
- Science Stations
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (be sure you are logged in). At the top of the page you'll see a box and the message “Give feedback on recent purchases”. Simply click the “GIVE FEEDBACK” button and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a comment for the product. I highly value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs.
- Also, be the first to know about new resources, freebies, and sales - just click the green star at the top of the page next to the Black-Eyed Susan Science logo. You will then receive customized email updates about my new products.
⭐ Claim Evidence Reasoning (CER) Posters
⭐ Claim, Evidence, Reasoning (CER) Card Sort NGSS Aligned
⭐ Claim, Evidence, Reasoning (CER) Practice (NGSS Aligned)
⭐ Claim, Evidence, Reasoning (CER) Squiggle Sheets & Checkpoint (NGSS)
⭐ Claim, Evidence, Reasoning (CER) Squiggle Sheets--- Power Point
⭐ Claim, Evidence, Reasoning (CER) Stations NGSS
⭐ Claim, Evidence, Reasoning (CER) Webquest
⭐ Claim, Evidence, Reasoning (CER)--Guided Notes MiniBook NGSS
⭐ Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning [CER] Bundle (NGSS Aligned)
⭐ From the Minors to the Majors (includes Claim, Evidence, Reasoning option.)
⭐ The Case of Punxsutawney Phil (Groundhog Day Claim, Evidence, and Reasoning)
⭐ The Case of The Missing Lunch (w/ Claim, Evidence, Reasoning) [Chromatography]
⭐ The Case of the Crazy Colors (w/ Claim, Evidence, Reasoning) NGSS MS-PS1-2
⭐ The Case of the Magic Money (w/optional Claim, Evidence, Reasoning)
⭐ The Case of the Mysterious Raisins (CER) [Gases, buoyancy, density]
⭐ The Titanic Claim, Evidence, Reasoning Activity