Also included in
- Set up your essay writing curriculum in a snap with these materials for narrative, explanatory, argumentative, and research writing. What is it? It's not only a bundle of my best-selling, classroom-tested units and resources for writing, but with this set of resources, you will have a full year's w$161.74$179.71Save $17.97
- Welcome to my Argumentative Essay Writing Complete Unit! This classroom-tested, low prep, standards-based unit is designed to help you teach students to write argumentatively from beginning to end. What is it? It's not only a bundle of my best-selling, classroom-tested units and resources for argume$56.25$62.50Save $6.25
Build stronger argumentative writers by giving them direct instruction on the three hallmarks of argumentative essay writing: claims, counterclaims, and rebuttals. In this no prep teaching pack, you will find everything you need to teach and practice claim, counterclaims, and rebuttals in argumentative writing.
Student Experience: Framed with a theme from a modern-day connection, students will walk through definitions, examples, guided practice, and a professional exemplar before they finally begin to construct their own claims, counterclaims, and rebuttals. They'll even have a sheet they can use to help them track and analyze these three pieces of argument writing with any argumentative text they encounter.
- Printable lesson plan with suggested teaching tips and answers, editable
- Guided note taking with sketch notes, pdf
- Instruction with modern, real-world connection/theme
- Guided practice
- Graphic organizers for any text for success after the lesson, editable
- Info text reading for practice (link provided)
- Suggestions for final project
- Independent worksheet for practice identifying claims, counterclaims,and rebuttals, editable
Each of my ELA skills "How to Teach It" Lesson Packs includes an easy-to-use PDF lecture explaining the concept, guided practice, opportunity for collaborative and individual practice, and an extension idea for individual assessment.
Take a look a free video where I explain this topic further:
Need more work with argumentative writing?
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration: