Claims vs. Statements Sort Activity DIGITAL and PRINT Distance Learning
Also included in
- These reading response activities include many of our best selling items! These resources will be incredible additions to your language arts classroom! Perfect for grades 5+ (but ideal for the middle school and high school classroom)!SAVE ON OUR BEST-SELLING RESOURCES BY PURCHASING THIS BUNDLE!RESOUPrice $28.96Original Price $45.25Save $16.29
- If you're looking for digital reading and writing activities that are going to have your students producing high-quality work while also keeping them engaged and excited about learning - THIS BUNDLE IS IT!These completely digital reading and writing activities were adapted specifically to help you aPrice $48.00Original Price $79.50Save $31.50
This Claims vs. Statements Sorting Activity for DIGITAL and PRINT for your middle school students is great practice for them as they differentiate between statements and claims!
It’s meant as a scaffolding activity to help students be more comfortable at understanding what a claim actually is before they write their own claims for argumentative essays and responses to literature. In addition, it can be used for students who are struggling with claims even after learning about them. This sorting activity is ideal for language arts centers, early finishers, an interactive mini lesson, etc…
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE:
- Instructions for Use
- Pre-Practice Activity to help students further understand and differentiate between claims and statements. (Please Note: The digital version does not include this pre-practice activity.)
- Student Directions
- A Claim and Statements Card with definitions of each
- 20 Sentences for students to sort
- Assessment activity where students explain their reasoning (justify) the reason why they sorted specific sentences into each category
- Teacher Answer Key
- A DIGITAL VERSION has been included as well, so you can easily use this resource in your Google Classroom™. Students can sort the claims and statements directly in their Google Slides™ file!
**UPDATED VERSION now includes Cursive AND Printing!**
YOU WILL ALSO LOVE:
OR GRAB OUR BEST-SELLING READING RESPONSE BUNDLES HERE!