Are you looking for a fun action packed song to get your little ones moving while reinforcing those beginning rhythm patterns ta and ti-ti? Look no further!!! This traditional folk song is just what you need!! Students will have a blast exploring and improvising actions and body movements while practicing a steady heartbeat as well as deciphering how many sounds they feel/hear on those steady beats. This PPT file includes the following:
1. A lyrics slide (w/ suggested action verbs to substitute in place of the word "clap" for additional verses).
2. Visual aide slides with adorable clip art of students performing these suggested action words/verbs. There are several additional pictures beyond what are listed in the lyrics slide. These are perfect for projection onto a screen or IWB.
3. A blank/template slide with an editable text box for the teacher to add their own action word/verb for improvised movements/actions that the teacher and/or students come up with in addition to what is already provided.
4. A heartbeat tapping chart slide.
5. A rhythm icon tapping slide.
6. A real rhythm notation reveal slide in which the rhythm notation magically appears on top of the beat icons w/ a simple click of the computer mouse.
Teacher Notes/Directions are included in in the "Notes" part of the slideshow when it is in Preview Mode.
Come follow and/or subscribe to my blog at.... Mrs. Kuchta's Corner, An Elementary Music Wonderland!
Check out and “like” my FACEBOOK page too at… FACEBOOK PAGE - Mrs. Kuchta's Corner Elementary Music Wonderland