To complete these activities you will need the book Clark the Shark written by Bruce Hale and illustrated by Guy Francis. Clark is a shark who loves school, but his enthusiasm makes him a little too loud and rough. However, with the help of some clever rhymes he learns self-control for the times when it is needed. The book is a fun read aloud and a gentle reminder for students who need it.
The activities are prepared for first or second grade and include:
- List of discussion questions to be used by teacher
- Worksheets to analyze how the main character changes during the book
- Creative Writing: Why should Clark the Shark be student of the month?
- Venn Diagram of words to describe Clark's character
- Pages to create your own classroom rule descriptions and illustrations
- If I Were a Student Under the Sea (creative writing)
- Opinion writing graphic organizer
Download the preview to read the teacher guide for more information. Thank you for viewing and good luck with your own Clark the Sharks!