Class Books for the Whole Year - 40 Prompts for Kindergarten Writing Center
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Class Books are an engaging way to get your students excited about writing! Each student writes their own page of the book, and then they are put together to make a book that can be added to your classroom library. The writing prompts can also be used on their own, and do not have to be put together in a class book if that works better for your classroom.
In this pack, there are 40 different class books included. They go through each season and provide a wide range of writing topics.
What is included:
→ a color and B&W cover page for each prompt
→ a writing page with awriting prompt, and space for a drawing
→ a blank writing page (for extra writing space)
→ American and Canadian spelling included (favorite/favourite, color/colour)
List of Class Books:
1. A Great Start to Our School Year What are you looking forward to this school year?
2. Our Summer Vacation My favo(u)rite part of summer vacation
3. A Book About Us! My name is _______. This is me:
4. Apples! How do you like to eat an apple?
5. Fall is Here! What do you like to do on a fall day?
6. Our Jack-o-Lanterns! Design a jack-o-lantern. What does it look like?
7. What Scares Us! What are you scared of?
8. Our Halloween Costumes! What did you dress up as for Halloween? -or- What are you going to dress up as for Halloween?
9. What We Are Thankful For What are you thankful for?
10. Our Families! This is my family
11. We Are Friends! I can be a friend by…
12. Our Book of Colo(u)rs My favo(u)rite colo(u)r is ______ because…
13. Winter is Here! What do you like to do on a winter day?
14. Holiday Traditions What are some holiday traditions your family has?
15. Our Favo(u)rite Foods My favo(u)rite thing to eat is…
16. Our Gingerbread Men! Make a gingerbread man and describe it
17. Our Winter Break Over winter break I…
18. Our New Year’s Resolutions! My New Year’s resolution…
19. Our Snowmen! Build a snowman. What does it look like?
20. Our Favo(u)rite Animals! What is your favo(u)rite animal? Why?
21. The Weekend! What you do like to do on weekends?
22. Our Favo(u)rite Treats My favo(u)rite treat is…
23. Love! What does love look like?
24. What Fills Our Hearts! What fills your heart?
25. Spring! What do you like to do on a spring day?
26. What would you do with a pot of gold?
27. Our Superpowers! If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why?
28. The Best Day of the Week! My favo(u)rite day of the week is ________. Why?
29. Rainy Days! What do you like to do on a rainy day?
30. What We Can Do to Help the Earth! What I am going to do to help the earth
31. Our Book Of 100 Things! If you could have 100 of something, what would you get?
32. If We Were Bunnies! What would you do if you were a bunny?
33. Our favo(u)rite Places! Where is your favo(u)rite place? Why?
34. If Students Became the Teacher! If you became the teacher for the day, what would you do?
35. If We Were Butterflies! Where would you go if you were a butterfly?
36. The Best Time of Day! My favo(u)rite time of day is ________
37. What Makes Us Smile! What makes you smile?
38. When We Grow Up! When I grow up, I want to be…
39. Our Favo(u)rite Day of School! My favo(u)rite day of school was…
40. Summer Break! What I want to do over summer break
♥ Follow my store to see when I upload new items: Creative Kindergarten
♥ Follow me on Instagram
♥ Like me on Facebook
♥ Follow my Blog
♥ Take a look at my Pinterest
Take a look at some of my other products: