Make your classroom management work for you by teaching financial literacy and responsibility - all while holding students accountable all year long.
How Does It Work?
- Provide your students with a Class Cash paycheck just for attending school.
- Let your students take true ownership of the Class Cash system by having them design the cash used in your classroom. (OR provide them with predesigned cash to get the ball rolling even faster)
- Provide students with additional cash incentives for completing work on time and displaying exemplary behavior to reinforce your classroom management.
- Deepen students' understanding of finance by teaching them to balance their cash using the Class Cash Register.
- Strengthen responsibility by having students pay rent every month.
- Teach entrepreneurship skills by allowing students to hold their very own Class Cash Auction where they can sell gently used toys, artwork, crafts, or inventions they've created to earn even more cash every month.
- Product Information Page
- Getting Started Timeline
- Implementation Ideas
- Class Cash Storage Ideas
- How It Works (Pay Rates)
- Potential Hiccups & Remedies
- Class Cash Student Design Pages (Two Size Options)
- How to Copy Your Class Cash
- Pre-made Class Cash Designed for the Busy Teacher
- Class Cash Auction Information
- Auction Reminder Handout
- Parent Information Page
- Printable Register Page (To teach withdrawals, deposits, and balancing)
- Three DIY Wallet Templates & Instructions
- Classroom Prep Resources Including Rent/Auction Reminder Pages
How's This Different Than Other Classroom Monetary Systems?
Class Cash takes into account student ownership. By allowing students to not only create and design your class cash, but to also earn additional cash by selling gently used toys/games/artwork at the Class Cash Auction. As the teacher, you are immersing students in a simulated economy that is driven by choice and action - just like the real world. Class Cash mimics real world economics and what better way for students to learn the value of a dollar than in an educational environment.
Class Cash is loved by teachers and parents because it allows students to take risks and make mistakes now rather than later when monetary consequences can have a true impact on their life.
| PRODUCT TESTIMONIAL |
"I am VERY excited to use this with my 4th graders next year. It is very easy to understand, and I am so happy it has a register for them to keep track of withdrawals and deposits." - Jessica, Fourth Grade Teacher
Want to implement a classroom monetary system but missed beginning of the year setup? Don't worry, you can start your Class Cash system at any time!
Don't forget to check out the file preview! :)
You may also be interested in these yayEIOU resources:
Want to earn free TPT resources? Don't forget to review the products you bought today to earn money off your next purchase! Learn how to redeem them here!
Copyright © 2016 Erica Egan, yayEIOU
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to classroom use only.