Here's a free chart for showing your students' knowledge of phonics elements and decoding strategies.
The chart will help you with:
• Where to begin whole class instruction
• Planning phonics minilessons for guided reading or small groups
• Determining students who need extra help with decoding
• Choosing texts
The freebie is taken from a longer assessment kit, Diagnostic Literacy Assessment for Beginning Guided Reading: K-1
, which includes 10 assessments and tips for getting ready to teach guided reading as quickly as ever. The longer set also contains records for summarizing your test results and resources for planning instruction.
You can check out my related resources by going to the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers store:
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!
Be the first to learn about my new freebies, discounts, and products! To become a Follower
, click on the green star next to my store logo, at Many Roads to Reading
: I welcome you to leave a message or question for me at my TpT store,Many Roads to Reading
, or by email