This edition of Class Escape is perfect for those first few weeks of school, summer school classes, camps, clubs, advisory groups, ice-breakers, and professional development! Modeled after the popular "Escape" games in many cities around the country, this classroom version prompts students to work together as a class to solve puzzles, connect the clues, and crack the code. Your students will be totally engaged in this hands-on, summer-themed challenge!
You will need the following tools:
• color printer (preferred; if not, regular printer)
• scissors or paper cutter
• white cardstock (or printer paper)
• a calculator
• scratch-off foil sticker and coin (optional)
• a book (any school-appropriate title will work)
• an umbrella
• an empty paper towel tube or other cylindrical object of similar size
• a DVD case (any title, with or without DVD - does not matter)
• a bottle of water, label removed (can be full or empty - doesn't matter)
• two envelopes
• a lock with a 3 digit code that you can change to your own code (optional)
• a small locking box with key or a locking drawer or cabinet (optional)
Preparing your room for the activity is easy. You'll print and cut out the clue cards, prep some "3D" clues, and "hide" them around your classroom. A Power Point presentation is included, so you can easily walk your students through the rules. Complete teacher instructions for setup, game play, and reset are included, as well as an answer and hint key for all clues. A debriefing handout is included to help students reflect on the activity and apply what they've learned.
- PDF of all clue cards
- PDF and Word doc of blank clue cards, if you'd like to add more of your own clues
- teacher instructions for set up, game play, and resetting game
- photos of interactive clues to help with setup
- complete answer key for all clues, including hints for all clues
- printable "lock" (to use in place of a real lock, if desired)
- Power Point with student instructions, rules, and link to timer
- PDF of debriefing handout for students & editable Word version
Perfect for any class in grades 8-12, or advanced students in grades 5-7. Also great for advisory / homeroom classes, clubs, Odyssey of the Mind teams, sports teams, or team-building with adults!
If you like this Class Escape, be sure to check out the original, Halloween, Shakespeare, and Winter editions!