The day before winter break is the perfect time to play CLASS ESCAPE! Modeled after the popular "Escape" games in many cities around the country, this classroom version prompts students to work together as a class to solve puzzles, connect the clues, and crack the code! Your students will be totally engaged in this hands-on, Winter-themed challenge!
You will need the following tools:
- color printer
- scissors or paper cutter
- white cardstock (or printer paper)
- a few pieces of plain white copy paper and 1-2 par of scissors for students
- a blacklight flashlight ($5.50 on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2gHK3yJ)*
- a UV pen ($3.34 on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2gWRYJa)*
- a lock with a 3 digit code that you can change to your own code**
- a small locking box with key or a locking drawer or cabinet***
Preparing your room for the activity is easy. You'll print and cut out the clue cards and "hide" them around your classroom. A Power Point presentation is included, so you can easily walk your students through the rules. Complete teacher instructions for setup, game play, and reset are included, as well as an answer key for all clues. A debriefing handout is included to help students reflect on the activity and apply what they've learned.
- PDF of all clue cards
- teacher instructions for set up, game play, and resetting game
- complete answer key for all clues, including hints for all clues
- printable "lock" (to use in place of a real lock, if desired)
- Power Point with student instructions, rules, and link to timer
- PDF of debriefing handout for students
Perfect for any class in grades 8-12, or advanced students in grades 6-7. Also great for advisory / homeroom classes, clubs, Odyssey of the Mind teams, sports teams, or team-building with adults!
**Just Revised with Additional Clues -- Dec. 8, 2016** (Re-download if you have a previous version!)
If you like this Class Escape, be sure to check out the original and Halloween editions!