I love the idea of having a real class pet, but I’ll be honest, I don't want to take care of it. I don’t like having an animal smell in my classroom. I don’t want to clean its cage. I don’t want to figure out who’s going to take care of it over breaks.
Am I being lazy? Maybe. I know it teaches the kids responsibility, but I just can’t add another thing to my already full plate.
Does this sound like you? That’s why I’ve created a pack of resources to help you have a NO-HASSLE classroom pet for your kiddos.
Included in this 36 page resource pack:
- Class Pet Nominations - writing & graphing
- Animal & Name Vote (with graphing)
- Welcome Letter to Families & Instructions
- Various Class Pet Writing Pages
- Introducing Our Class Pet pages (It’s a ____)
- Class Pet Journal Cover Pages
OPTIONS INCLUDED: fish, pig, hippo, whale, bear, chameleon, cat, and blank to create your own!