Successful teachers know that students centered classroom management and instruction is the most important aspect of our jobs.
I had a rocky start to the school year building a community or "family" with my current students. I wanted to encourage them by providing weekly class rewards on Friday's as an extra bit of encouragement, and another student goal setting opportunity.
In this document you will find very basic class rewards that can be printed on colored paper/card stock, laminated (or not), and given to students to cheer them on in their efforts.
Where it says "________________ Grade Family" I write "Mr. Robertson's 5th" in the blank.
The awards in this document include:
- "Always on It!" (Most on Task)
- "In the Zone!" (Most Focus)
- "Citizenship" (Ultimate Helper)
- "Best Mindset" (Ready for Change)
- 'The Scientist"
- "Scholarly Attitude" (Desires Success)
- "Mr. Congeniality" (Offering Kindness)
- "Miss Congeniality" (Offering Kindness)
- "Overall Rockstar" (Always Soaring)
- "Most Improved" Behavior
- "Most Improved" Academics
(11 total awards)
There are two copies of the same award on each page. I teach two different blocks each day (in 5th grade), so I give them weekly to each class. You could double up on students each week/month (enough for 22 students), or print to have enough for two weeks/months.