PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This game "La course aux couleurs" will give your students a chance to practice saying colors in French. It's designed for beginner learners of French (French 1). This game is a quick very engaging way to start the class (warm-up) or for a practice before the quiz.
beige, blanc, bleu clair, bleu foncé, bordeaux, fuchsia, gris clair, gris foncé, jaune , lilas, marine, marron clair, marron foncé, menthe, noir, rose, rouge, orange, turquoise, vert clair, vert foncé, violet
How to proceed
1. Project the 1st slide of this PDF documents with all the colors as a reference for your students.
2. Pass out all 22 cards, one card per student. If you have a class with fewer students, give some students 2 cards (it's a good idea to have all the cards in the rotation).
3. One student starts by looking at his card, reading the sentence and adding the color they see. For example: "J'ai une étoile rose." Then he asks the question per his card clue: "Qui a une étoile rouge?" The student who has the card with "une étoile rouge" says "Moi" and reads his sentence, and so on and so forth.
4. Do a couple of rounds of the same game. Challenge your students to say it fast. Time them and invite them to beat their own time. Or, if you teach another section of the same class, have your classes compete for the shortest time. (My students LOVE the competitive side of this game!)
1. This game will work for a class of 22 students or less. If you have a larger class, create additional cards (the extra blanc cards are provided) or have your students share a card.
2. There are 2 sets of cards: one set with a feminine noun (une étoile) and one set with a masculin noun (un coeur). Play this game one set at a time, so that your students get to practice saying both masculin and feminine forms of the colors.
Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.