Classification and Taxonomy Complete Unit Bundle.
Includes powerpoint, labs, dichotomous classification keys, classification task cards, kingdoms mix/match card sort game, homework assignments, review games, crossword, quiz, and unit text.
Includes everything you need right at your fingertips for a complete unit on taxonomy and classification. This bundled unit contains at least 2 weeks of teaching materials or 3 weeks if you complete all of the enclosed labs.
For Even Greater Savings: This complete unit bundle is included in my "Full Year Biology Curriculum Bundle."
Click the link below to view this bundle.
Biology Full Year Curriculum
What is included?
• A 49 slide powerpoint presentation
• Set of teacher notes
• Student notes outline: Student completes their outline as the lesson is being taught.
• Classification / Taxonomy Task Cards
• Lab: The Use of Dichotomous Keys in Classification
• Lab: Let's Learn to Use and Build a Dichotomous Key!
• Lab: Let's Build a Cladogram!
• Classification Homework and Study Guide
• 2 Homework Assignments
• Jeopardy review game
• Daily quiz
• Crossword puzzle
• Kingdoms of Life Mix/Match Card Sort Review Game
• Unit test
• Teacher Guide containing tips for implementation, suggestions for sequencing, and alignment to NGSS standards
Each of these products is sold separately in my TpT store, but buying the entire unit in one download will save you money. If each of these products were purchased separately, the total cost would be $46.98. The bundle is sold at $34.99,which is a 25% discount.
Topics covered are:
• The need for a system of classification.
• Summary of Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
• Taxonomy definition.
• Early attempts at classification: Aristotle, misuse of common names.
• Linnaeus: Seven levels of classification, binomial nomenclature, definition of species, the rules of binomial nomenclature.
• Modern taxonomy: phylogeny, phylogenetic tree, reading a phylogenetic tree, practice questions.
• Homologous, analogous, and vestigial structures.
• Modern taxonomy is based on: structural similarity, cellular organization, evolutionary relationships, biochemical similarities, genetic similarities, embryological similarities.
• Cladistics and cladograms: Definitions.
• Cladistics and cladograms: Students will look at a cladogram and answer questions about it.
• History of the Kingdoms: 2-kingdom system, 3-kingdom system, 5-kingdom system, and the 6-kingdom system of classification.
• Three domain system of classification.
• Comparison of kingdoms in the 6-kingdom system.
• For each kingdom, students learn the characteristics of the kingdom. Many picture are included as examples.
• Mechanisms that serve as barriers between the species.
• The dichotomous key to classification: Students will learn how to use a dichotomous key; Students will classify the leaves of 7 trees using a dichotomous key.
When appropriate, I have included each product as an editable Word document, and I have also included each product in pdf form.
All answers are included.
Below is a complete list of what you will receive. You can click on each link to read a detailed description of each product.
Classification and Taxonomy: The Diversity of Life Powerpoint with Teacher and Student Notes
Classification and Taxonomy Task Cards
Kingdoms of Life Mix and Match Card Game
Classification (Taxonomy) Homework and Study Guide
Homework or Classwork: Dichotomous Classification Key to a "Crazy" Animal Kingdom
Homework: Classification Using a Dichotomous Key
Lab: The Use of Dichotomous Keys in Classification
Lab: Let's Learn to Use and Construct a Dichotomous Classification Key
Activity: Let's Build a Cladogram!
Classification and Taxonomy Jeopardy Review Game
Classification and Taxonomy Quiz
Classification Crossword Puzzle
Test: Classification and Diversity of Life
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page