This resource includes guided notes to help your students understand how scientists classify living things, what a Dichotomous Key, and how to use a Dichotomous Key. This resource also includes an authentic real life examples of a Dichotomous Key, and two hands on classification experiments to do with your class, which includes a student guided dichotomous key creation.
1. Guided Notes with Answer Key and video component
2. Woodpecker Dichotomous Key Practice with Scientific Names
3. Shoe Sort Classification Experiment
4. Animal Sort Classification Experiment
5. Animal Sort Classification Dichotomous Key Creation