Classification of living things is covered in this set of activities. A 15-slide power point show introduces students to classification and taxonomy, providing an introduction to the six kingdoms, and covering binomial nomenclature.
Student handouts and practice sheets help students make connections and understand scientific names, classification, and taxonomy. A homework page is provided which may also be completed in class if desired.
With this download:
- 15-slide Power point presentation introducing classification and taxonomy
- Student handout pages with notes, and two practice sheets
- Six Kingdom Chart - blank chart for students to complete after they research characteristics of living things from each kingdom
- Who Am I - homework page for students to write a newspaper ad about an organism
- Lesson suggestions, and more activity ideas for your students to complete to make the lesson about taxonomy interesting and enjoyable.
Let these activities supplement your unit on Classifying Living Things.