Spice up your review for the unit test with this fun and engaging Taxonomy and Classification Jeopardy-Style Review Game!
Suitable for Biology and Life Science Students in Grades 7 and up.
My students love to review using this Jeopardy Powerpoint review game. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format. You can place the students in small groups and make it a competition, or use this as a quiz format and have students record their answers on a sheet of paper. The versatility of this product allows you to use it in many different ways.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is sold in a large bundled unit which can be viewed by clicking this link: Classification and Taxonomy Complete Unit Plan Bundle
This review game has 6 categories with 5 questions in each category. Easily editable, you can remove questions and add some of your own.
Topics covered are:
1. Summary of Darwin's Theory of Evolution
3. Early attempts at classification: Aristotle, misuse of common names
4. Linnaeus: Seven levels of classification, binomial nomenclature, definition of species, the rules of binomial nomenclature
5. Modern taxonomy: phylogeny
6. Homologous, analogous, and vestigial structures
7. Modern taxonomy is based on: structural similarity, cellular organization, evolutionary relationships, biochemical similarities, genetic similarities, embryological similarities
8. Cladistics and cladograms:
9. History of the Kingdoms: 2-kingdom system, 3-kingdom system, 5-kingdom system, and the 6-kingdom system
10. Three domain system of classification
11. Comparison of the kingdoms in the 6-kingdom system
The game is limited to 30 questions. For this topic, there are many more possible questions that could be asked. If would be very easy for you to delete some of my questions and add some of your own to make this review game more applicable to your students.
Related Products Include:
Classification and Taxonomy Complete Unit Plan Bundle
Classification and Taxonomy Task Cards
Classification of Living Organisms Powerpoint and Notes for Teacher and Student
Classification Using a Dichotomous Key
Kingdoms of Life Mix and Match Card Game
Dichotomous Classification Key to Thanksgiving Dinner
Test: Classification and Diversity of Life
Lab: The Use of Dichotomous Keys in Classification
Dichotomous Classification Key to a "Crazy" Animal Kingdom
Learning to Use and Construct a Dichotomous Classification Key
Classification Crossword Puzzle
Dichotomous Key to the Genus "Smiley"
Classification (Taxonomy) Homework or Study guide
Activity: Let's Build a Cladogram!
Classification and Taxonomy Quiz
Dichotomous Classification Key to Holiday Giving and Community Service
Insect Dichotomous Key Activity
Evolution and Classification: Warm Ups, Bell Ringers and Interactive Notebooks
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)