Classification and Taxonomy Task Cards:
A set of 64 reinforcement and review cards for science students in grades 7-12.
Task cards are a fantastic way to reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
Please Note: This product is also included in my "Classification and Taxonomy Complete Unit Plan Bundle" and can be viewed by clicking here: Classification and Taxonomy Complete Unit Plan Bundle
This set of 64 task cards on scientific classification will cover the following:
1. The need for a system of classification.
2. Summary of Darwin's Theory of Evolution.
4. Early attempts at classification: Aristotle, the division of plants and animals, misuse of common names, the realization by scientists that a new system of classification was needed.
5. Linnaeus: Seven levels of classification, binomial nomenclature, definition of species, the rules of binomial nomenclature.
6. Modern taxonomy: phylogeny, phylogenetic tree, reading a phylogenetic tree. Students will look at a phylogenetic tree and answer questions about it.
7. Homologous, analogous, and vestigial structures.
8. Cladistics and cladograms: Students will look at a cladogram and answer questions about it
9. Three domain system of classification: Characteristics of each domain, why organisms are divided into these three domains. Students will look at a diagram of the three domain system and answer questions about it.
10. Comparison of the kingdoms in the 6-kingdom system: Characteristics of each kingdom, organisms placed in each kingdom.
Included in this product:
1. A set of 64 task cards.
2. A student answer sheet for recording answers.
3. Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
4. A complete teacher answer key.
5. Teacher Guide
Download my free preview to see the many ways you can use these in your science class.
Related products include:
Scientific Method Task Cards
Kingdoms of Life Mix and Match Card Game
Common Core Science: Informational Reading Task Cards for ANY Science Reading Passage
Classification and Taxonomy: The Diversity of Life Powerpoint with Teacher and Student Notes
Classification Using a Dichotomous Key
Insect Dichotomous Key Activity
Dichotomous Classification Key to Thanksgiving Dinner
Dichotomous Key to the Genus "Smiley"
Evolution and Classification: Warm Ups, Bell Ringers and Interactive Notebooks
Test: Classification and Diversity of Life
Lab: The Use of Dichotomous Keys in Classification
Dichotomous Classification Key to a "Crazy" Animal Kingdom
Classification and Taxonomy Jeopardy Review Game
Learning to Use and Construct a Dichotomous Classification Key
Classification Crossword Puzzle
Classification (Taxonomy) Homework or Study guide
Activity: Let's Build a Cladogram!
Classification and Taxonomy Quiz
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)