This is a GOOGLE DOCS activity - assign in Google Classroom for distance learning or a paperless lesson! This internet activity introduces students to taxonomy with a focus on animal classification. Students will follow provided links to learn more about several animal phylum and become familiar with how scientific names are used.
In this activity, students will:
- Use an internet source to find the scientific names and classification family of vertebrates and invertebrates.
- Follow a link to Identify differences between reptiles and amphibians.
- Use an online resource to match invertebrates such as crabs and sea stars to their phylum and find one characteristic of that phylum.
- All information is found on each linked website. Students do not need prior knowledge to complete this activity.
- With this purchase, you will receive a downloadable PDF that contains lesson tips, the answer key, and a link to the Google Doc student assignment.
- Link Check - Before purchase, please confirm that you can access these websites: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4.
Please consider clicking HERE to follow Elevation Science on TPT!