The classification escape room is an immersive experience for your students. It allows them to demonstrate their knowledge of classification of organisms in a fun and engaging format.
6.12 C - recognize that the broadest taxonomic classification of living organisms is divided into currently recognized Domains
6.12 D - identify the basic characteristics of organisms, including prokaryotic or eukaryotic, unicellular or multicellular, autotrophic or heterotrophic, and mode of reproduction, that further classify them in the currently recognized Kingdoms
A Unique Escape Room Experience:
Unlike many escape rooms, the teacher is in total control on which of the 8 puzzles they want to use and in which order to use them. Each puzzle is independent of the others. This is great for shorter or longer class periods.
Save $$ and Buy the Bundle
Science Escape Room Bundle
What Materials Will I Need?
The escape room can be run in several different ways. The cheapest and easiest method is to use manila envelopes for the puzzles (all directions provided).
For a more authentic escape room each group will need the following:
- One Lockout Hasp
- Five, 4-digit locks
- One, 3-digit locks
- One storage box that includes a place for the lockout hasp
Both methods will need the following:
All printed materials from the puzzles chosen
Manila envelopes (used for each of the puzzles)
Double sided tape or glue to assemble clue 3
What's Included in the Product?
- Teacher directions
- Detailed answer key for each puzzle
- Student answer key
- Digital answer key (google form) that is great for 1:1 or Google classrooms. Replaces paper answer key if you choose, but not necessary
- Video challenge to set the mood for the challenge
- 8 unique puzzles with all printable props
- A list of over 50 ideas for prizes
- Reward templates
- 30 unique signs to hold up for the picture at the end (plus, editable template)
Your students will be talking about this one for weeks.