Classification of Matter – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to matter classification terminology (element, atom, matter, and periodic table)
• The make-up of matter
• Metals, metalloids, and non-metals
• Mendeleev and the basics of the periodic table
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are element, atom, metal, gas, periodic table, Mendeleev, period, symbol, metalloid, and atomic number.
• Activity two has students collecting information from a partial periodic table.