PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Get kids THINKING! This is more than a "definition style" test! There are diagrams and simple charts to analyze, and the questions mimic how NGSS-based standardized tests generally ask about this topic. This test includes 28 multiple choice questions and 3 open response questions that have multiple parts.
Classification of Matter Test Topics:
- smallest unit of elements (atoms) and compounds (molecules)
- differences in the characteristics of pure substances and mixtures
- distinguishing between diagrams of elements, compounds, and mixtures
- recognition that compounds have characteristics properties
- analysis of simple ball and stick molecule diagrams (middle school level)
Easy to correct and less copies to make - save time with our test packet format! The test is 4 pages long (2 front/back) with an additional 2-sided answer sheet. You only have to make one class set of test question packets and then reuse them class to class, as it is only necessary for the students to write on the answer sheet.
INCLUDES AN ANSWER KEY
Review for this test with our Pure Substances & Mixtures Review Game.
You may also be interested in our Pure Substances & Mixtures QUIZ.
For more related resources, check out the Pure Substances & Mixtures Section of Our Store!
Need something different?
Search all of our middle school science materials in Our Entire Store!
Easy to follow, effective, and always standards-based.