This set of paired passages includes a nonfiction passage about classifying animals and a nonfiction passage about classifying plants as well as close reading activities. The passages would be a great supplement for teaching about vertebrates, invertebrates, vascular and nonvascular plants, as well as seed producers and non-seed producers in your science lessons. Pick and choose what close reading and comprehension activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These passages are most appropriate for 4th and 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 nonfiction passage about classifying animals
- 1 nonfiction passage about classifying plants
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort
- Written response tasks for each passage
- Making inferences task
- Using nonfiction text features task
- Vocabulary organizers
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational Writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Science Paired Passages Bundle 3
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Other Products Available In My Store:
Plant and Animal Cells Paired Passages
Force and Motion Paired Passages
Rocks and Minerals Paired Passages
Solar System and Moon Phases Paired Passages
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!