Classify Polygons, Quadrilaterals, and Triangles into a Hierarchy Sort Activity
When I first started teaching the Polygon Hierarchy to my students, they were taken a little back by it all. I was able to scaffold my 5th grade math lessons with this sort activity before moving on to the classifying quadrilaterals hierarchy and classifying triangles hierarchy.
- Here is a blog post about how I teach this unit!
- 8 different sort activities in both a printable and digital format for use with Google Classroom™
- Version 1, 2, and 3: Polygon Hierarchy
- Version 4: Quadrilateral Hierarchy using the Exclusive Definition of a Trapezoid
- Version 5: Quadrilateral Hierarchy using the Inclusive Definition of a Trapezoid
- Version 6, 7, and 8: Triangle Hierarchy
Common Core Aligned: 5.G.B.4
- PowerPoint Lesson: 177 Slides broken into 6 different lessons
- 5th Grade Geometry Standards Interactive Notebook
- Classifying Polygons Worksheets
- Quadrilateral Discovery Activity: FREE!
- Triangle Task Cards: Print and Digital
- Quadrilateral and Triangle Hierarchy Reference Sheet
- Geometry Vocabulary Reference Sheet
- 2-Dimensional Figures Task Cards: Print and Digital
- Geometry "Guess it" Game
- Small Group Sort Cards
- Classifying Polygons Unit Test OR Study Guide
Do you want your students to Love ❤️ Learning Math?
⭐ Let's get to know each other! ⭐
- Grab these FREE 5th Grade Word Problem Task Cards and transform your upper elementary classroom with monthly tips to your email!
- Learn New Classroom Ideas on my Blog
- Follow Me on Instagram
- If you have any questions, please email me: email@example.com
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.