This Classifying Quadrilaterals activity is the perfect way to begin a unit on classifying polygons. I use this quadrilateral worksheet at the beginning of my geometry unit to help students discover attributes of these 2d shapes before I teach them the quadrilateral hierarchy.
Using this sheet and geoboards or geostix, my students discovered attributes of basic quadrilaterals that they had not known before!
- Here is a blog post about how I teach this unit!
Here are some other resources:
- PowerPoint Lesson: 177 Slides broken into 6 different lessons
- 5th Grade Geometry Standards Interactive Notebook
- Classifying Polygons Worksheets
- Triangle Task Cards: Print and Digital
- Quadrilateral and Triangle Hierarchy Reference Sheet
- Geometry Vocabulary Reference Sheet
- 2-Dimensional Figures Task Cards: Print and Digital
- Polygon Hierarchies Sort: Print and Digital
- Geometry "Guess it" Game
- Small Group Sort Cards
- Classifying Polygons Unit Test OR Study Guide
Do you want your students to Love ❤️ Learning Math?
⭐ Let's get to know each other! ⭐
- Grab these FREE 5th Grade Word Problem Task Cards and transform your upper elementary classroom with monthly tips to your email!
- Learn New Classroom Ideas on my Blog
- Follow Me on Instagram
- If you have any questions, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.