Classifying Quadrilaterals | Geometry Activities | Shape Sorts
Also included in
- These Common Core aligned geometry sorts include quadrilaterals AND triangles! They are perfect for centers, partner work, small group instruction or independent work. By purchasing the bundle you will save 20% over buying each set individually!Included in this bundle are the following sets:QuadrilaPrice $7.20Original Price $9.00Save $1.80
Click here for another awesome dollar deal! Looking for an engaging, hands-on activity to learn about classifying quadrilaterals? This geometry resource includes student-centered quadrilaterals activities to explore quadrilateral attributes in a fun way! These activities are perfect for centers, small group work, or whole class instruction.
Your students will explore the attributes of quadrilaterals through sorting activities, and keep track of their learning with reference pages and note catchers. These activities help students think critically about the attributes of quadrilaterals before learning about classifying quadrilaterals in a hierarchy based on properties.
This product includes:
- 30 quadrilateral cards for sorting (with numbers and pictures)
- Graphic organizers for sorting
- Quadrilateral practice pages
- Quadrilaterals quiz
- Quadrilaterals reference sheet
- Differentiated note catchers
- Sorting mats for math centers
- Vocabulary posters to support student understanding
- Teaching notes
Your students will enjoy learning about the attributes of quadrilaterals through sorts! They will be thinking deeply about the shapes, engaging in mathematical discussions, and exploring the hierarchy of the shapes.
This low prep resource can be ready in a jif! You'll just need to print and cut enough quadrilateral card sets for your class, and make sure that they all have a recording page.
Teachers are saying...
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Lisa R. said, "This was great practice for my students to classify quadrilaterals."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jill S. said, "This was a great way to learn about quadrilaterals and polygons. It took them through everything they needed to know."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Kristen H. said, "This provided so many helpful activities and resources that allowed my students to better understand the differences between quadrilaterals. Thank you!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Whitney S. said, "Great resource! One of the most engaging activities I have used for teaching quadrilaterals. Thank you so much!"
You may also like…
Copyright © The Craft of Teaching
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.