You will receive 24 pages of printables and graphic organizers that will help your students recognize and distinguish between different shape attributes. There are hands-on, engaging activities that will keep your students motivated as they learn about classifying quadrilaterals.
Hands-On and Engaging Activities
• Classifying Quadrilaterals: Have students use the Classifying Quadrilaterals page to glue the definitions and pictures of quadrilaterals to their corresponding titles. It allows students to get hands-on experience with 2D shapes.
• Describe the Quadrilateral: Students look at a shape and count and write the number of sides of equal length, number of sets of parallel lines, number of right angles, and the shapes name.
• Drawing Quadrilaterals: The Drawing Quadrilaterals page presents an organized way for students to be able to draw their own quadrilaterals that match the definitions. The dot paper enables the students to create cleaner, more even shapes.
• Quick Quadrilateral Game: Working in pairs, students use a paperclip and pencil to spin. Whatever shape name they land on, they can cross it off or cover it on the game board.
Multiple Ways for Students to Show What They Know
• Venn Diagram: A Venn diagram is a great way for students to discover differences and similarities between two quadrilaterals. Put the shape names in the rectangles at the top of the page so students will remember which two shapes they are comparing and contrasting.
• Name That Polygon: Students often don’t realize that one shape can be called by many different names. The Name That Polygon page helps your students see the many different names of three quadrilaterals.
• Circle It: Students look at a given shape and circle all of the names that shape may have. For example, a square could be a parallelogram, a rhombus, etc.
• Shape Pages: Shape Pages cover the regular quadrilaterals. They will give your students the opportunity to define, draw and illustrate the different shapes in their own words. They are powerful tools in developing a deeper understanding. There is also a blank page to use for irregular quadrilaterals or other polygons.
A Comprehensive Assessment to Check for Understanding
The assessment is a great way to check for understanding. A key is provided for easy grading.
★★★★You Might Also Like
●Free Geometry Test for 3rd Grade
●2D Shapes Little Book
●3D Shapes Little Book